FREE delivery for orders above £450.
PALACE WET-ROOM is a combined waterproof membrane system designed to protect tiled areas in areas such as wet rooms, showers, bathrooms, and kitchen utility areas. PALACE WET-ROOM will inhibit the passage of moisture from within the tiled area, into substrates such as plaster, render, plasterboards, tile backer boards, timber, suspended floors concrete floors and plywood overlays.
- Protective waterproof under-tile coating.
- Built-in Flexibility accommodates movement & vibration.
- Solvent-free, easily applied liquid membrane.
- Compatible with most surfaces and substrates.
- Provides an ideal base for wall & floor tile fixing.
- Highly elastomeric tape provides crack-bridging protection for all wall & floor joints.
PALACE WET-ROOM is a waterproof liquid membrane that can be applied by brush or roller over suitably prepared surfaces. When used in conjunction with the PALACE WET-ROOM elastomeric joint & pipe entry tape sufficient flexural strength to bridge cracks, wall & floor joints and maintains a seal around water pipes and the gully outlet.
- WET-ROOM PRIMER (1 litre)
- WET-ROOM pipe entry collars (2)
- WET-ROOM 2 of 10 cm x 5 m Elastomeric Flexible tape rolls
- WET-ROOM LIQUID MEMBRANE (5 litres)
The surface receiving this protective coating should be stable, sound and free from oil, grease and lose deleterious coatings. Timber and boarded structures must be rigidly braced and sufficiently constructed to withstand anticipated loading without flexing, deformation or any movement around joints and seams. Timber floors and walls must also have sufficient ventilation from behind and below to avoid interstitial condensation. Ensure the receiving surface is free from any gaps & depressions and that gypsum-based surfaces have been allowed sufficient time to fully cure & dry out. Seal all gaps, joints and cracks with a SILICONE SEALANT or in wider gaps a suitable repair compound and then allow this to fully cure before proceeding.
Prime all surfaces (floors and walls) with a coat of PALACE WET- ROOM and allow up to 3 hours curing time. If using the tray former do not prime the tray former. Concrete floors must be primed. If you have existing walls covered with plaster or plasterboard use PALACE WET- ROOM PRIMER to seal the walls. If the walls are not covered, then clad walls with panels or plasterboard (not supplied) and coat with PALACE WET-ROOM PRIMER (follow the instructions provided in the tanking system).
• Using a brush or roller apply PALACE WET-ROOM to all wall, floor and tray joints. Apply the joint tape while the PALACE WET- ROOM is still wet smoothing down the tape as you go.
• When fitting drainage gullies with PALACE WET-ROOM ensure that the whole gully gasket (supplied separately) is covered.
• Smooth down the pipe collars so there are no air pockets left. Now cover the whole floor (tray), tape, gaskets and walls with one coat of PALACE WET-ROOM horizontally and allow to dry for three hours, then apply a second coat of PALACE WET-ROOM vertically, ensuring you have full coverage.
• Leave to dry overnight or for at least eight hours before tiling (depending on site conditions). We recommend a full 24-hour cure for poor site conditions.
Ensure the PALACE WET-ROOM Tanking System is installed as per the instructions and follow the PALACE WET-ROOM Tanking System instructions so that the tapes, gaskets and the membrane are fully secure before installing the tiles. Finally, use a cement-based polymer modified tile adhesive that conforms to the EN 12004 classification C2FT and fix Tiles in accordance with the code of practice BS5385:2009. Do not apply PALACE WET-ROOM at substrate temperatures below +5°C and above +30°C. Tools should be washed with water immediately after use. Once the product has cured it can only be removed by mechanical means.
Depends on the surface texture and porosity, however on a typically smooth, even surface PALACE WET-ROOM waterproof coating will cover at an optimum rate of approximately 1.0 m2 per Kg (+/- 0.1 m2/Kg) and this 8kg pack is sufficient to cover 8 square metres when applied as a two coat system with an average and consistent finished coating depth of about 0.7 mm.
Surfaces protected by PALACE WET-ROOM are considered impermeable and do not require priming. Any large format or porcelain tiles should only be fixed using a polymer-modified cement-based adhesive classified to EN12004 C2T or C2FT-S1 depending on the surface structure and the preference for a quick setting time.
Ensure all structures and surfaces being coated by PALACE WET- ROOM are protected from the ingress of rising or penetrating damp by the pre-installation of a suitable external DPM or tanking membrane. This coating is not suitable for use in exterior locations or permanently immersed installations, nor can it be left exposed for use as a final wearing surface. Surfaces protected by PALACE WET-ROOM are considered impermeable and do not require priming. NOTE: Once the Wet-room or shower is installed and the grout is fully dry, check for leaks before using regularly
Primer, Waterproof Membrane
Questions & Answers
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet. Be the first to ask a question about this product.
Customer Product Reviews